Graziano, Nicholas M.
Nicholas M. Graziano advises labor union officials on all aspects of federal labor law. He represents clients in federal and state court, as well as before administrative agencies. He also represents union members in administrative and disciplinary hearings. Nicholas focuses much of his practice advising welfare plans and their fiduciaries to ensure compliance with ERISA, HIPAA, the ACA and other health care and health insurance laws. Nicholas also advises our clients in areas of traditional employment law, such as employment discrimination, family leave, disability, accommodation, and the USERRA.
Nicholas joined our firm as a law clerk during his last year of law school and as an associate attorney upon his admission to the bar. During his time in law school, Nicholas served as an Articles Editor on the Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal.
Areas Of Practice
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA )
- Health law
- Pension and Welfare funds
- New York, 2018
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2022
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Scranton
- American Baptist Homes: Reinterpreting The Employer’s Independent Unlawful Purpose, 2016
- Friedrichs v. CTA: Agency Fees Secure, For Now, 2016
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, 2016 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, 2016 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Marrinan & Mazzola Mardon, P.C., Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Federal Tax Law Clinic