Marrinan, Kevin J.
- Member of the Firm
New York, NY
Kevin Marrinan is a name member of the firm. Mr. Marrinan oversees an active litigation practice both, in federal court, and before administrative agencies. He regularly litigates LMRA, LMRDA, ERISA and employment law cases on behalf of unions and Taft-Hartley benefit funds. He represents clients at all stages of federal court including pleadings, discovery, depositions, motions, trials and appeals. Mr. Marrinan has argued appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits. He has also handled proceedings before the administrative agencies including the NLRB and the EEOC. Mr. Marrinan also represents his union clients in collective bargaining and arbitration. He has considerable experience in negotiating collective bargaining agreements on behalf of unions and handling legal issues relating to work preservation agreements, hot cargo clauses, and other forms of concerted action. He also appears before grievance arbitrators on behalf of unions in contract interpretation and disciplinary disputes. In addition to counseling labor unions regarding labor management issues, Mr. Marrinan counsels labor unions regarding LMRDA internal union matters and has conducted training seminars for his labor clients.
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1985
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2010
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- State University of New York, New York