Alexander, Elizabeth A.
With more than 22 years of experience working in the office of the ILA General Counsel, Elizabeth has a wide range of experience in labor and employment law matters.
In this role, Elizabeth has counseled the ILA and developed policies and procedures related to compliance with Federal and State discrimination, harassment, age and disability laws. She has also drafted drug and alcohol policies and has worked alongside union leaders in creating procedures to address issues arising under these workplace policies.
Prior to her current position, Elizabeth worked as a Field Attorney at Region 29 of the National Labor Relations Board, where she investigated and prosecuted unfair labor practice charges and processed representation case petitions.
Elizabeth has developed and conducted workshops on workplace related topics before a variety of audiences. She believes that when people have information and knowledge about current laws they can make better decisions, not only for themselves but also for the people they come in contact with at work.
Elizabeth obtained her Juris Doctor (JD) from CUNY School of Law Queens College.
Elizabeth also holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from Hofstra University in New York (in Spanish and Marketing) and a Masters of Science in Education (MS Ed) from Hofstra University.
Areas Of Practice
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2003
- City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, Flushing, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Hofstra University in New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Spanish and Marketing
- Hofstra University
- Masters of Science in Education (MS Ed)
Past Employment Positions
- Region 29 of the National Labor Relations Board, Trial Attorney And Hearing Officer